Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing innovative health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health.
We believe in transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for assessing and discovering innovative ways to inspire healthier lifestyle choices. The position will work closely with our clinical team, clients, and their employees to promote healthy lifestyles and help individuals reach their potential. Health Coaches will be responsible for developing a coaching relationship with participants, assisting them through the process of engagement, and actively working toward improved health by providing support, encouragement, goal coaching, and education.
- Review biomarker data and NIH risk levels.
- Identify and establish a relationship with high risk individuals, review personal health risks, and provide health education.
- Follow the processes and protocols of our Health Coach Manual.
- Identify target behavior changes and goals, and create action plans.
- Use the Pulse tools and resources to support, educate, and engage participants.
- Document coaching calls and input appropriate credits.
- Provide appropriate interventions to optimize health and well-being of high risk participants including education and the coordination of services with healthcare professionals (ex: nurse, tobacco cessation specialist, specialty provider, etc.), and recommend additional screenings.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend appropriate preventive health solutions, providing accurate and effective information to satisfy the questions and issues of the participant.
- Support operational aspects of the division to meet customer requirements and satisfaction.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience
- BA, BS, or higher in health-related field
- Effective communication both written and orally
- Work directly with BeniComp’s Director of Preventive Health
- Go-getting attitude willing to collaborate with the entire Preventative Health Management team
- Ability to serve as a facilitator of participant change focused on lifestyle modification, not diagnosis or prescription
- Ability to learn and use a variety of proprietary software programs
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without direct supervision
- Keyboard and web navigation skills, and experience using email, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Skill to understand current and potential needs of employers and employees to take appropriate action to support health and wellness
- Inspired and genuinely enjoys health coaching
Salary: Will be discussed during interview process - based on experience level and education
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Type: Full or Part Time in our Tampa, FL office (currently working remotely due to COVID-19)
To Apply You Must: Provide a current resume with a cover letter.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
A future where people enjoy happier, healthier lifestyles.
To reduce chronic disease and healthcare spending in America by empowering people with data, prevention, and technology.