We're looking for a tech-savvy Assistant Controller who wants to join our rapidly growing team and contribute to the vision of helping people live happier, healthier lives. You will work closely with our CFO, CPA, and controller to enhance our finance division and strategically help our thriving company continue to grow. There is always opportunity to grow personally and professionally with BeniComp!
Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing innovative health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health.
We believe in transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
What You'll Do
As the Assistant Controller, you will work on creative solutions to challenging projects in a collaborative, high-energy environment. Your strong analytical, communication and organizational skills will be put to use daily as you work with our CFO, CPA, and Controller on all financial-related tasks.
Responsibilities (Included but not limited to)
- Transfer all paper AP to electronic
- Build relationships with other departments for quickly growing processes
- Document Standard Operating Procedures in Accounting including close process
- Analyze processes for improvement
- Perform general ledger entries regularly as needed and monthly close entries
- Bank reconciliations (performing some and reviewing others)
- Assisting in audits
- Fill in for controller on off days
- Provide Ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Develop accounting filing system
- Assist with payroll as needed
- Commissions calculations
- 5 to 7 years experience in corporate accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience keeping a general ledger (Sage experience preferred)
- Expert Excel user
- Multi-tasking ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- High level of communication skills
Job Type: Full Time, In-House (Currently, the team is working remotely due to COVID-19)
To Apply You Must: Provide a current resume with a cover letter.
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
To be a solution to the healthcare crisis in America
To engage employers as leaders in the movement toward a better healthcare system by providing health insurance solutions that drive measurable health improvements and financial savings.