Our Tampa office is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our fast-paced and growing team. This person will perform financial accounting and lead the charge in the Product Accounting division.
Who We Are
At BeniComp we collaborate as a team to deliver results; we leverage technology to make us more efficient; and we brainstorm together to design creative solutions to difficult problems. Our Digital Operations team fills nearly every wall in the office on a weekly basis drawing out innovative solutions, developing our own technology to overcome any hurdles, and executing strategies to grow our business. We're shattering everything you have ever thought about the insurance industry. We are innovative, we are strong, we are BeniComp.
What You'll Do
Directly responsible for calculation of base data used to populate the general ledger. Takes responsibility for a segment off accounting.
- Daily cash collections and reconciliations
- Bank Reconciliations for 8 bank accounts with hundreds of transactions
- Claims reporting reconciliations
- Creates distribution reports showing all claims and the direct expenses (carrier fees, agent fees, administrative costs, intermediary costs and premium taxes) for carrier reporting
- Identifies the cost calculations and assigns them to the correct accounts in chart of accounts for Controller to book
- Manages agent commissions
- Disburses funds to pay all carrier costs
- Account for agent commissions and initiates the transactions
- Manage and fund customer service policy changes
- Health screening invoicing. Recording receipts of funds in both companies.
- Performs as an accounting backup for operational staff
- Completes ad-hoc reports or calculations as assigned by Controller
- Reconciles and funds telemedicine profits and expense
- Maintains all in house commissions
- Ad-hoc calculations and comparisons
- Monthly closing claims reporting
- 1099s for agent commissions
- Assists with ad-hoc projects such as customer accounting functional design
Salary: Will be discussed during interview process -- based on experience level.
Career Level: Mid-level
Experience Preferred: 2-3 years
Education Preferred: BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
Job Type: Full Time, Tampa Office
To Apply You Must: Provide a current resume with a cover letter
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by management.
BeniComp is an innovative health insurance company offering supplemental products to companies around the country. By addressing the critical health insurance issues of today, we put preventive health at the core of our products. Our passionate, diversely talented team is creative, energetic, and collaborates with some of the most prominent companies in the country.
A future where people enjoy happier, healthier lifestyles.
To reduce chronic disease and healthcare spending in America by empowering people with data, prevention, and technology.