We are looking for a passionate, talented, and forward thinking IT Support Specialist to join our team!
Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing innovative health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health.
We believe in transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hands-on technology of various vintages and types; from older terminal clients to cloud-based virtualized servers and networking.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will work with internal teams of operational and technical professionals dedicated to the healthcare and insurance industry. You will report to our IT Manager, and work directly with everyone in our company.
Prior working experience in Healthcare and/or Insurance with understanding of HIPAA/HITECH is a big plus!
- Maintain and troubleshoot devices and systems, hardware, and software
- Document system performance, bugs, debugging, and program requirements
- Follow maintenance protocols to ensure systems are secure and ready for users
- Lead design and deployment of virtualized servers, directories, wireless, backups, and personal devices
- Troubleshoot end user hardware & software issues
- Printer setup & configuration
- Group policy management
- 2-5 years experience working in a IT Support and/or Technician Role
- Windows Operating Systems
- Linux Operating Systems
- Terminal Emulation Applications
- SQL/RDBMS Servers and Clients
- Basic understanding of SMTP, TCP/IP & UDP networking protocols
- Active Directory, Cloud Directory, and SSO
Salary: Will be discussed in interview process.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Type: Full Time in our Fort Wayne Office (Currently working hybrid in-office/remotely due to COVID-19)
To Apply You Must: Submit an application with a current resume with a cover letter.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
A future where people enjoy happier, healthier lifestyles.
To reduce chronic disease and healthcare spending in America by empowering people with data, prevention, and technology.