Are you a healthcare professional wanting to apply your skillset at a company that will empower you to grow personally and professionally? We are looking for a talented Patient Advocate to enhance our team. You will help us build out a new division of our company by providing proactive help to our members so they can navigate healthcare and insurance with ease and receive the best care possible. *RN/LPN preferred*
Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing innovative health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health.
We believe in prevention, transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
We are currently looking for individuals who share our mission of integrating primary and behavioral health care while providing access to all individuals. We focus on providing quality and compassionate care in order to assist our patients in living their best life. We are dedicated to the endless pursuit of excellence and treat everyone with dignity, humanity, and respect.
What You'll Do
As the Patient Advocate, you will work with our Customer Service and Preventive Health Management teams to provide a best-in-class experience to members of our proprietary health insurance plan-- IncentiCare. You will use your expertise in healthcare to solve problems that lead to better health outcomes for patients of all kinds.
The Patient Advocate assists individuals in navigating through the medical, behavioral health and social service systems by working with the member, a multidisciplinary team, providers, and other resources to coordinate the appropriate delivery of healthcare.
- Identify service needs, gaps and barriers to treatment to direct resources and provide information for the member as needed.
- Provide CM/UM services to members to ensure they receive the best care possible
- Solve problems and work autonomously in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails timely to provide excellent patient support
- Provide benefits and healthcare education to our members
- Help patients obtain precertification agreements prior to receiving medical treatments
- Act as a liaison between members and vendors to meet the needs of both parties
- Coordinate referrals to providers to ensure the provision of behavioral health, medical, housing and social supports for clients.
- Follow up on referrals to ensure successful linkage.
- Keep daily documentation of coordination of care efforts for each client
- Track data to measure the effectiveness of outcomes.
- Apply evidenced based practices, such as Motivational Interviewing, to increase client engagement and retention.
- RN/LPN preferred
- 1+ years of experience in health insurance or healthcare
- Experience in Case Management and Utilization Management
- Experience with precertification and preauthorization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to type 35+ wpm with minimal mistakes
- Team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Driven to continuously learn and advance your skill sets to help patients in a different way.
- Enjoy that no 2 days are the same and keeping busy is a must
- Be comfortable researching an answer that you don’t already know
Salary: Will be discussed during interview process
Career Level: Talented
Job Type: Full Time in Fort Wayne Office (Currently working remotely due to COVID-19)
To Apply You Must: Submit an application with a current resume with a cover letter.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
A future where people enjoy happier, healthier lifestyles
To empower people with actionable health solutions through prediction, prevention, and industry leading technology