We are looking for a candidate who has 5-7 years of experience with self-funded health insruance plan design and implementation.
BeniComp Health Solutions is changing the way employers and their members utilize health insurance by controlling not only costs, but the underlying cause of expenses.
This year, we launched IncentiCare - a health insurance solution for self-funded employers that brings together health data, technology, and prevention to radically empower employee populations. After screening the nation's 250 best cost-containment partners for transparency and efficiency, we came to market with a comprehensive solution that can be customized to meet the needs of any group. As more groups come on board, we continue to strengthen our team to provide each client the attention and care they deserve.
You will work interdepartmentally with our Director of Strategic Growth, Director of Operations, Customer Service team, and Development team in addition to external vendors to onboard new clients, coordinate a seamless implementation experience, and maintain IncentiCare accounts. Your key focus will be optimizing a significant suite of Specialty TPA Systems, technology platforms, vendors and infrastructure to streamline implementation and drive a best-in-class customer experience. You will be responsible for guiding necessary operations and staff to implement process improvements and maximize product solutions to meet goals and strategic business needs.
Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing innovative health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health.
We believe in transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
We offer tons of perks like unbeatable health benefits, PTO, access to company gym, adjustable stand/sit desks, yoga balls, bean bags, and a high-energy environment. During COVID-19 we are working remotely, but employees will need to be present in the downtown office when notified by the leadership team.
As a TPA Self-Funded Specialist, you will be our expert in self-funded project management. You will be well versed in BeniComp's operational processes and procedures in order to facilitate successful implementation of IncentiCare for new clients. You will have direct contact with clients and vendors to support sales and client services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary liaison between various internal business, sales, service and information systems and technology departments to define needs and translate them into technical requirements.
- Collaborate with other teams to support direct and indirect customer experience, technology needs, issues and trends.
- Develop, recommend, and implement improvements to systems, processes and procedures to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Directly manage and control the progress of overall TPA operations systems, configuration, and reporting.
- Ensure objectives and deadlines are met (including but not limited to System Configuration, Subrogation, Claims Billing, Network Fees, Web Portal and Business Solutions).
- Evaluate and recommend Pulse enhancements and new solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure business is current with industry trends.
- Oversee implementations including accuracy of information delivered to both the plan sponsor and to members
- Conduct post-implementation analysis to identify areas for improvement, new process development to mitigation of risks areas with future implementations
- Create user and management reports, analytics, modeling and special studies related directly and indirectly to TPA operations and overall client standing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our team culture is intentional, resourceful and positive. We are looking for the perfect person that will possess these key attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Health Information Management or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5-7 years of experience with self-funded health insurance plans in a TPA environment
- Advanced project planning skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines (Project Management Certification preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of contact center systems (i.e. Interactive Voice Response systems, Customer Service Agent Desktop, customer interaction and billing software, workforce optimization tools) and related processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of System Configuration, Data Warehousing and reporting solutions, Admin, Membership, Billing, Claims, Web, Utilization Management and EDI transactions and technical capabilities and how those varied solutions can support the organization's strategic goals.
- Ability to build relationships and consensus among business partners as to the value and effectiveness of the solutions suggested.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to successful and timely conclusion. This includes tracking metrics and communicating with stakeholders
- Ability to communicate internally and externally with all levels of people in a manner which illustrates superior professionalism
- Ability to prepare for, lead and direct meetings (internally and externally) with various group sizes
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to solve problems and develop effective solutions, ensuring customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Ability to view processes and suggest changes in order to create or maintain the most efficient, timely and accurate experiences
- Ability to analyze, interpret and organize information in a clear and concise manner
- Must have expert level knowledge of all Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (our team uses GSuite)
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations
- Ability to work independently as well as support, contribute to, and lead teams
Salary: Will be discussed during interview process
Career Level: Talented
Experience Preferred: 5-7 years experience with self-funded plans in a TPA environment
Education Preferred: BA or BS previously obtained
Job Type: Full Time in Tampa Office (Remote work during COVID-19)
To Apply You Must: Provide a current resume with a cover letter.
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
To be a solution to the healthcare crisis in America
To engage employers as leaders in the movement toward a better healthcare system by providing health insurance solutions that drive measurable health improvements and financial savings.